Friday, October 06, 2006

Chain of thoughts

Friend: What do you guys do on weekends
Thought1: Nothing. Do we really do anything? Are we boring? Are we getting old? Oh no, we should'nt be that way. Gotta socialize and party more often. Ok good, lemme start with this one. Hmm...

Scene: A bunch of old connections, drinking away and also dancing away at a pub. Hubby and I fit in (or I thought we did). Gang shifs party zone to one of the guys' house. A few cars filled with the gang following a bike and trying to keep track...past midnite!
Thought2: Hey this is nice. This is a whole different world than what we are living in. I like it. Its fun! Am loving it! It is safe, there is no drugs involved(that was my impression of nite life :))...just booze and friends. We should be doing this...why weren't we doing this? Hmmm...

Next day: sms from friend: party at Fuga, be there!
Thought3: Oh No, I thought parties were once a week. Two nites in a row !?!...hmm I dont think I wanna do it. Somehow I am not getting the entu. Don't know the reason. Plus, when do I take care of the other things I had planned for...things that I am unable to take care of during the week. Ok say NO.
Oh wait...wat about being a part of the party gang and being hapenning and stuff?...
Hmm...

That nite: In a nice semi-romantic restaurant with hubby, sipping cocktail and talking sweet nothings and enjoying the food
Thought4: Seems I like this one more than the party last nite, although I seemed to have enjoyed it at that time. I think I wanna hang out just with my hubby...either at home, or at a nice restaurant...or even if its at a pub. Hubby seems to be on the same page.
Yes, we otta be doing this more and the other thing once in a while. That gives a good balance.
And about being hapenning and all...well, who cares! The word I should be looking for is "being enjoying"...and I guess we are right there. So just hang in there.


Hmm...a chain of thoughts that actually led to some clarity and a good conclusion. Ah great!...how often does this really happen anyways :-)

5 Comments:

At 10/10/2006 10:50 PM, Blogger sou said...

hahaha.. loved this post.. related to it quite a bit, minus the hubby part of course :p

 
At 10/16/2006 6:07 AM, Blogger Krish said...

This is something I wanted to comment on for a week now. Sorry for the delay Tweety!

The conflict captured through your chain of thoughts is definitely applicable to every one of us.

We all go through a natural progression and grow from being a bachelor/spinster to a happily married couple or being with a live-in partner. What happens to your lives, before and after is often a great subject of discussion.

So do you really stop hanging out with your friends and instead choose quiet or cosy dinners with your partner? Is that really the curse of having a life partner? So do friends actually feel left out, unwanted and turn into folks you would say hello once a month? Does that give you guilty pangs? Does that make you think that you have moved on? Gained some wisdom? Is there an age for everything?

I refuse to believe that is an age/time/situation for what we do. That's just an excuse. So you have a partner ... how does that stop you from pub-hopping? So you have a great bunch of folks to hang around with. How does that stop you from enjoying a romantic getaway or dinner?

Its all part of life. Some people choose to maintain a routine while some enjoy variety! Some fall in love and the courtship is usually very addictive and makes you think obsessively about this one special person who could walk into your life. But when you do have that special someone in life, you now look to enjoy what you have ... and may be look ahead and say what you want in the next 20 years and work to achieve them one by one by one ........

Take it easy!

@phreakv6: There is no conclusion here. Everything is a beginning :-)

 
At 10/16/2006 6:34 AM, Blogger Miniscule-thoughts said...

:)

I hope my smiley doesn't get wiped out this time around.

 
At 10/16/2006 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post. I kinda like a mix of both. Friends and cozy moments.

 
At 10/17/2006 11:44 PM, Blogger Tweety said...

@sou: hope you relate to the hubby part also soon ;)

@phreak,@maverick: am glad i am not alone

@hyperbole: hmm long wait to see ur comment. I am glad it did not differ a lot from my thoughts; the gist of your comment also finally points to 'balance'.

@jenny: :)- right back at ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home